Friday, June 24, 2011

Fashion Friday: Bold Lips

First post of my Fashion Friday blogs.
Today, I want to focus on bold lips.
Couple seasons ago, the trend was red lips. I have always been in love having red lips with an outfit. Because the color is so bright and bold, the rest of the outfit have to be toned down. The makeup have to be subtle because you want the attention to focus on the lips. So I normally pair my red lips with a black outfit or a white outfit. If you want the color red to pop out more in your outfit, you can easily pair it with some red pumps. That will definitely draw eyes to you on a night out!

Now recently, I've invested in an orange lipstick. And I have to say that I am absolutely in love with it! It is a lot more daring and different than the red lipstick but you can definitely do more with the rest of the outfit. This summer, orange lips have been very popular. I would pair my orange lipstick with pastel colors. That way, the outfit won't draw the attention away from your lips and at the same time, adding the summer feel to your whole look.

I realized that not everyone can pull off these bold lip colors and if paired wrong, the whole look can go south! So if you're feel adventurous, definitely feel free to try it out and remember to go less on the eye makeup.

love her bob!
One of my favorite celebrities. Lauren Conrad. Her website is amazing with great tips and her collection is very California chic!

Bon Appetite!
GraciieLu

No comments:

Post a Comment